Monday, February 7, 2011

Hoppin' On


Today is the day before my first weigh in. I go between feeling calm to a full panic attack with my heart beating out of my chest. All of this due to a stupid, stupid scale. I'm acting like the way of the world will forever be destroyed if i don't loose what i think i should. You would figure that by the time a woman gets into your 40's, you're done with all of this kind of insane drama.

Apparently not.

I know that i've followed the program. I've logged everything i've eaten. I've not gone over my points. I've been freakin' positive, for heaven's sake. But the one thing that i haven't done this week?

I haven't gotten on the scale.

You're stunned, aren't you?

Yeah, me too.

Tomorrow morning, though, before i take Emma to school and head to the WW Center, i'll hop on my scale. Totally naked (really, do us both a favor and don't try to envision that...), no jewelry (because, it might weigh all 1/2 an ounce, you know), before breakfast and after i pee (another whole 1/2 ounce of weight), i'll hop on the scale and weigh.

I want to lose 5 pounds this week. I know, i know, stop shaking your head. Who loses five pounds in a week besides Melinda for heaven's sake? It's not like i'm on the dang Biggest Loser. But i have the number 5 on the brain for some stupid reason.

Why can't i let the number go and let the program just do it's thing? I truly almost don't want to know the number. Kinda. Okay, that's stupid; i do want to know the number. Who am i trying to kid?

sigh.

Hoppin' off to bed...tomorrow is a huge day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time leaving me a message!