Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 1


I've decided to blog my way through this, this new part of my life. Mostly to figure out what works, what doesn't, what i like, what i love and what i can't stand. I want a record of this; a record of my thoughts, my worries, my joys and not-so joyous moments. Blogging is a safe place for me; this blog, so far, is a secret from friends and/or family. I don't want to be guarded in what i write and if i'm honest, i'm embarrassed about my love affair with food.

Day One has gone remarkably well. I'm calm, i'm well-prepared because, crap, i've done Weight Watchers how many times now?, and the strangest part is that i feel at peace. I'm not sure why i feel this way as i didn't the previous times. I was anxious, worried, scared that i would make a mistake. Maybe now i realize that a mistakes are part of this and are okay and that weight truly doesn't fall off by alone without help. I've stayed on plan and reached my point number. I found a few new favorites today, like crackers and Laughing Cow Cheese and grapes as a snack, Hunts No-Fat Chocolate Pudding with Fat-Free Cool Whip and a scant few mini-chocolate chips. This is what i need to do: find new and better things to take the place of my not-so-good choices.

I learned today that the healthy weight range for someone 5'4 is between 117lbs (BMI of 20) and 146lbs (BMI of 25). I really don't have a clue of where i "should" be. I should talk to Janet, i suppose, to get her thoughts on this.

I also learned that 10% loss for me is 20lbs, which will put me at 185lbs. But since we are going for 5% first, which is 10lbs, my 1st goal will put me at 195lbs. I plan to keep up with the dates that i reach those goals on the side of this blog.

Melinda, a friend of mine, has been a huge help. She joined WW with her sister and some friends before i did and is doing really very well: she's lost 11 pounds in two weeks. Melinda has tons of suggestions and she loves trying new recipes, so i'm so glad that i have her knowledge to learn from. She's also started a fb page for folks who are on WW and that's been a huge help and source of support.

A good first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time leaving me a message!