Monday, March 14, 2011

Random...

It's Monday morning and another week.

I'm thankful for another week.

This week, i've started with "measuring" my food accurately instead of just guessing. What a novel idea, eh? It's amazing to see what a cup of milk actually looks like, or a cup of cereal. Sadly, it seems that i've been eating A LOT more than one cup of cereal! I've also started eating in my daughter's food and bowl plates. I really should have done that in the beginning, but really just didn't think about it. Kinda funny to see that the portions that i SHOULD be eating fit perfectly into her plates....no wonder i got to weigh way over 210 pounds. I'm willing to bet that is the problem of many folks, eating to fill a plate instead of eating a portion size.

I also made a promise to myself that i would never force Emma to clean her plate because of "starving children in Africa". She eats when she's hungry and stops when she isn't and i'm going to do my best to make sure that she stays that way. I don't want her to find comfort in food....especially when there are so many other things to find comfort in.

Yesterday, i saw how easy it is to go back to bad habits when tracking isn't happening. I didn't track on Saturday or Sunday and ate like it. Truly goes to show me that being accountable for what i put into my mouth by tracking is important to my success. While that thought use to really irritated me, i now have made peace with the fact that if i have to track for the rest of my life to get and stay at a healthy weight, then so be it. It will be worth it. It is what it is and it's okay. It's too easy for me to eat like an insane woman otherwise.

I'm going to my normal WW meeting tomorrow, but i'm unsure about weighing in as i just weighed in on Saturday. I can't wait to see Janet and my other friends...i feel so much more at home at that meeting than i do at the meeting i went to on Saturday. Maybe i'll just keep going to the meeting on Tuesdays and just weigh in on Saturdays so i can see Karen.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with weight watchers! I tried to do weight watchers online, but it isn't for me. Or, I should say, that some of it isn't for me. I'm awful about writing down my points or my calories. So, I just keep track of my points in my head and use salad plates to control my portions. So far, I've lost 11 pounds. I hope the pounds keep falling off!

    Keep up the good work! Remember, it isn't how many times you fall off the scale, but how many times you get back on. Thank you for joining my blog, and I look forward to following yours as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time leaving me a message!