Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fifth Weigh-In

....went okay. I was really excited when i weighed in at home before i left as i weighed in at 195.0 which would have been my 5% goal. I ended up weighing in at 196.8 so i now have a total of -8.8 for my first five weeks.

And yes, i did want the total of my first five weeks to be minus twenty, totally unrealistic, pounds. Totally fantasy, i know, but hey, if you are going to have a fantasy, make it a good one.

I went into a different meeting this morning, which is really closer than the one i usually go to. While i met really great women, i still prefer Janet. She, is amazing, so i'll be going back to her meeting but i am seriously considering weighing in on Saturday mornings at Franklin. I just like weighing in on that day better....even though i'm sure that it's totally in my head.

After i weighed, i went into the meeting room, and boy was it packed! I saw a seat in the very back row and there was a young woman sitting there in that row. I realized the look she had on her face. It was one that i've seen on my face often: it's the "i'm invisible" look. She was really pretty, but i'm sure that she didn't think so. I asked her if i could sit next to her, and she smiled and said "sure" so i sat next to her. Her name is Karen and this was her first week. I decided right then and there that Karen and i would be friends. I told her that i was on my fifth week and that i knew that she would love the program. We chatted, laughed and giggled as we talked about me walking at the crack of dawn so that no one would see me. I need a friend, and i hope that she does too. I'll see if we can trade phone numbers or email addresses next Saturday....yeah, she's one of the reasons that i want to go back on Saturday.

Maybe, just maybe, a long friendship can be made on this journey of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time leaving me a message!