Monday, January 10, 2011

Sitting on a fence...


I couldn't find a photo of a piggy sitting on a fence, so i had to settle on the eagle sitting on a fence. Of course, i'm sure that it would be hard for a piggy to strattle a fence...

I seem to sit on a fence a lot. I don't lean too far forward, or too far back. I don't lean too much to the left or the right. I just sit there, watching and waiting. I don't know what i'm watching or waiting for, but i do know that while i'm sitting there, time is slowly passing me by.

Fence Sitter.

hmmm....

It's not even like it's a smart thing to do, just sitting on a fence. While i'm sitting on the fence, the decisions that i should be making just sit there, staring back at me, daring me to make up my mind, to take some kind of action, ANY kind of action. Not wanting to make the wrong decision (or the hard decision), i make no decision. I'm beginning to think that even a wrong decision would be better than no decision.

Not being brave isn't a good thing.

It can also lead to sitting on the fence for way too long.

Which is exactly what i've done with my healthy and my weight.

In not wanting to fail, in not wanting to to do the hard work that is needed, i have just sat there, waiting, doing nothing. Nothing happens, you know, if you don't take the first step of getting off the fence.

And i'm proof of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time leaving me a message!