Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup...


A recipe from my friend, Melinda...

For dinner tonight I made Chicken Tortilla Soup. Most of you probably have this recipe or a version of it but I figured it up and it only has around 4 points. I "guestimated" that it will make about 10 1-1/2 cup servings.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 lb of chicken. I use 4 chicken breasts and just bake them or put them on the stove and sautee until done.
2 (15 oz.) cans of black beans, undrained
2 (15 oz.) cans of corn, drained
2 (10 oz.) cans of rotel, MILD is what I use
1 to 1-1/2 cups of your favorite salsa
1 (15 oz.) can of tomato sauce
4 oz of chopped green chilis (optional)

Dump everything in a pot and then shred your chicken and add to the mixture. You can also serve with a few tortilla chips (use baked) and some low-fat cheese and fat-free sour cream. Yummy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time leaving me a message!