Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Very Long Weekend...


Note to self: Never, ever, EVER let your husband go to Costco alone and hungry. Trust me on this one, folks. He came back with more garbage (read: cupcakes, bagels, etc) than either one of us need. While i can blame him for bringing it to the house, i can't blame him for me eating two (sigh) carrot cake cupcakes. I should have followed my first instinct and thrown those freakin' cupcakes in the trash as soon as i saw them....but nope, i didn't.

Why is just walking away from food (okay, not 'good' food, but cupcakes!) so hard? Why do i hear this voice inside saying: "Oh, you have worked SO hard these past few days! It won't hurt! Look at it as a "reward"...." You would think that i was a dog the way i reward myself with treats!

sigh.....

woof

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the feeling. I think I have finally gotten out of the mentality of rewarding myself with food. Luckily I do the shopping, if my husband did it would be all Doritos and beer. Two things I love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time leaving me a message!