Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year's Day!

This photo has always made me smile. It is beyond a cute photo of my little Cupcake that was taken almost a year and a half ago. Not a care in the world, enjoying the sun in a cute bathing suit....living life as it should be lived. How ironic it is that i want my little daughter's self confidence?

I had a dream last night that i ran a marathon. It was a huge marathon with lots of other runners. Everyone was ahead of me, running faster than i was. I was suppose to finish by noon but no one (including me!) thought that this was possible, much less me finishing at all. But i kept running, slowly, towards the finish line. Everyone kept encouraging me, yelling for me to keep going. Noon keep getting closer....and i didn't finish by noon. But i did finish the marathon by ten minutes after noon. And i was thrilled that i did it. Happy and proud that i did it and didn't give up.

See some parallels?

And so it begins again in this New Year. I may not get to where i'm going on time, but i will get there this time.

I know i will.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture.

    Sounds like an auspicious dream. Hmmm. What's it mean to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it means to forget, for the most part, about "my" time tables on getting healthy. I need to face the fact that this will be a life long fight for me...and i'm lucky to have folks in my corner.

    Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your blog and am honored you came by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time leaving me a message!