Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall is here....


I love Fall. It truly is my favorite time of the year. The leaves begin to change color, the air becomes cooler and it seems that everything nature wise is slowly going to sleep until the return of Spring. Most people, i think, prefer Spring, because of the blooming of plants and the promise of warmer weather; but Fall gives me the sense of hope for some reason. And of course, the holidays are around the corner and all of the events that come with that. As much as i think that i love the holidays, the truth is, it's not been the same since my Mother passed away in January 2007. Her missing presence is difficult; truth be told, she will never be replaced. No one can cook like she can, no one can smile like she can, no one, well, you get the point.

I am 'planning' on starting running on Monday. I have found a website called "Couch to 5K" so now there is a plan. Surely i can do this if i follow the plan. In last Runner's World, there were folks who started back running much older than i and continue to run. I want to be a runner. I want to do a 5K. I want to do a half marathon. Maybe one day, i can do a whole marathon.

Maybe. Maybe one day....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time leaving me a message!